More ways to work in Mac-to-Mac Mode with Ethernet and Thunderbolt support
Luna Display’s Mac-to-Mac Mode allows you to use any Mac as a second display, with full trackpad and keyboard support for both devices.
Previously, Mac-to-Mac Mode only worked over Luna’s wireless connection. With today’s update, Mac-to-Mac Mode will also support Ethernet and Thunderbolt connection between Macs, with a seamless set-up process.
This will improve the Mac-to-Mac Mode experience for users with limited WiFi connection or who prefer not to connect wirelessly, as they’ll now have the option for a wired connection.
What’s new in Luna Display 4.5
- Mac-to-Mac Mode now supports Ethernet and Thunderbolt connection between Macs
- Primary Luna app now shows a battery indicator for the secondary device
- Secondary Mac keyboard enhancements: key repeats are properly working
- Refreshed macOS app icons
- Retina support on M1 is more reliable now
- In the iOS app: enhanced compatibility with 2020 iPad Air
- General bug fixes and improvements
Note: Mac-to-Mac Mode requires the Luna hardware component.
Mac-to-Mac Mode system requirements
- Primary Mac: Must be a 2011 model or newer, and must be running macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later.
- Secondary Mac: Must be running macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later.
- Note: Luna currently supports the secondary iMac as a non-retina display.
How to update
- Open your Luna Mac apps. You will automatically be prompted to update to the latest version.
- If the Mac apps don’t automatically update, you can download the latest version below.
- Visit the iOS App Store to update your iPad app.