Building Astropad Podcast Episode 3:
Matt and Savannah discuss the process behind Astropad’s first wildly successful Kickstarter. They talk through their entire launch strategy, step by step, and give tips on how to apply it to your campaign. They dive deep into their press strategy and talk about how you can cut through the noise to get press attention. They also share their unique tricks for building momentum and getting noticed by Kickstarter.
- [1:10] Our history with Kickstarter.
- [2:30] Why we chose to do a Kickstarter.
- [5:05] Kickstarter vs. Indiegogo
- [8:54] What do we wish we knew the first time around?
- [10:20] Why the first and last 48 hrs are critical.
- [12:30] Do a 30-day campaign, not 60.
- [14:30] Our Kickstarter launch process.
- [15:20] Our strategy for getting press coverage.
- [22:10] How to find press contacts.
- [23:90] Email subjects can make or break getting press.
- [25:00] Two days before our launch.
- [27:00] The day of our launch ?
- [27:25] Our strategy for building Kickstarter momentum.
- [33:20] What we did immediately after our launch.
- [34:44] Getting featured by Kickstarter.
- [38:30] What we are doing differently the second time around.
- [46:24] Our book recommendation ?
Links and resources