Building Astropad Podcast Episode 7: Creating an awesome Kickstarter video
It’s crunch time! In this episode, we discuss designing our Kickstarter page and shooting our Kickstarter video. We dive into our process that has consistently given us awesome videos. We talk about writing our script, what we look for in a location, what we do for voice over and music. We also touch on organizing our Kickstarter page and how we like to recycle our best content ♻️.
- [1:45] Creative assets needed for Kickstarter.
- [3:20] How we design our Kickstarter page.
- [4:00] What should go in the video vs on the page.
- [6:00] How to organize your Kickstarter page.
- [8:15] Planning for the Kickstarter video.
- [9:50] What’s our process for making a video?
- [11:00] How we write the script.
- [14:50] Building our shot list.
- [18:40] Finding a shoot location.
- [22:00] Who does our video shoot?
- [26:30] Looking for the right set.
- [28:20] How we handle voiceover and music.
- [30:42] Editing the video.
- [35:00] What type of video to shoot: interview vs commercial?
- [38:20] How long should your Kickstarter video be?
- [40:30] Our final Kickstarter video tips.
- [41:00] Our book recommendations.
Links and resources
- Matt Ronge on Twitter
- Savannah Reising on Twitter
- Wistia’s Learning Center
- Marketing Examples
- Fav recent copywriting example