Building Astropad Podcast Episode 11:
Are you interested in building hardware products? Then this episode is for you. We go over the basics of getting into hardware product development for people with a background in software. We talk about what makes building hardware different and the real world constraints you’ll have to fight. We talk about the variety of skills needed to produce hardware products. Finally, we go over the stages of hardware development and make suggestions on getting started prototyping.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Links and resources
- Matt Ronge on Twitter
- Sparkfun – Good for prototypes
- Arduino – Also a great option for prototypes
- Oshpark – Get your board spun
- iFixit Gadget Teardowns – A great source of consumer electronics teardowns
- Debugging example – Here’s what debugging a board can look like
- Amateur Radio Sleuthing Pins Down Source of Strange RF Interference – Interference can be a big deal!