What you’ll learn in this video tutorial
- How to lay out a comic page based on the script
- A guide for loosely drawing the layout with basic figures and composition
- How to separate comic panels using the framing tools in Clip Studio Paint
- How to pose characters with the 3D library in Clip Studio Paint
- How to add text balloons using the lettering in Clip Studio Paint
David’s workspace setup for comic illustration
Hardware: iMac, iPad Pro & Apple Pencil
Clip Studio Paint: Drawing software for creating professional comics and animation. Its robust features are perfect for creating both manga and Western-style comics.
Astropad Studio: Software that turns your iPad into a drawing tablet, available for Mac or PC. Try Astropad Studio free for 14 days.
These Clip Studio Paint tutorials are led by David Arroyo, creator of the webcomic IMMERSION.