Launching a Kickstarter campaign can be a nerve-racking experience. In this episode, we discuss our greatest fears launching a Kickstarter campaign and how we are mitigating them. We respond to common pre-launch questions and talk about ways to set yourself up for success. We go through what is and isn’t worth worrying about, what social psychology tells us about launching, and a dirty secret about Kickstarter goals. 👀
- [1:30] Launching a Kickstarter campaign in uncertain times.
- [3:00] Are people funding campaigns during an economic recession?
- [5:50] Timing your Kickstarter campaign around major events.
- [8:30] What if you don’t hit your campaign goal?
- [9:20] The Spotlight Effect
- [13:30] How complete should your prototype be?
- [18:00] Nailing your product messaging.
- [22:00] Is your email list big enough?
- [25:50] What if you barely surpass the goal?
- [27:00] The dirty secret of Kickstarter goals.
- [30:13] What if you get no press coverage?
- [36:00] Our book recommendations.
Links and resources