A pre-launch email list is essential for launching a new project on Kickstarter. In this episode, we share how and why we are building a new email list for our next campaign. We walk through the 5 ways we are growing our list including: paid ads, SEO, giveaways, sponsorships, and free betas. We talk email conversion rates, why quality is better than quantity, and when you should get started building an email list. Finally, learn how our favorite list building strategy is free!
- [1:07] Why is a pre-launch email list essential?
- [2:17] Using momentum to create FOMO.
- [4:20] Why email over other channels like social?
- [8:00] What our email list looked like when we started.
- [10:30] Why we are building a new email list.
- [15:08] Our new strategy for building an email list.
- [17:30] Using blog content and SEO to drive email sign-ups.
- [24:35] How we are using paid ads to drive sign-ups.
- [28:00] Tips for Facebook and Instagram advertising.
- [30:00] How we create assets for social ads.
- [34:00] How we are using giveaways to get emails.
- [38:30] Newsletter and website sponsorships.
- [39:30] Using a free public beta to drive email sign-ups.
- [45:00] How soon do you need to start building an email list?
- [47:00] What if you don’t have an existing audience?
- [51:50] Our book recommendations. ?
Links and resources